Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cup of noodles

Instant noodles, like the cup of noodles, were invented in 1958. This is one of the most practical and easy snacks to eat on the go. It is okay to eat it in a dry state because the noodles are previously cooked, as well as in a soup like form. They are conveniently available to us in styrofoam cups, all you need to do is grab a plastic fork. Another great thing about this treat is that anyone can eat them. They contain no animal products and are vegan friendly. I don't think I have ever met someone who didn't like cup of noodles.

There have been many concerns regarding this product and the high sodium levels along with it's artificial flavoring. It is categorized under junk food because it is so easy to make and requires such a short amount of time. However, if you compare this food to other junk food such as McDonalds, you will see that the sodium and the grease in a burger and fries presents a much unhealthier meal. Personally I have been eating ramen noodles for a very long time and being a broke college student, I love that I have this choice of delicious, inexpensive food. I recommend going to Costco and buying them in bulk :)



http://www.nissinfoods.com/cupnoodles/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_Noodles

5 comments:

  1. That's all we need as college students: A roof over our heads and ramen noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say that I have never had ramen noodles before lol but I'm thinking that is the way to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are truly missing out my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if Chelsey is truly missing out on much...

    ReplyDelete